Alumni volunteers make a unique contribution to UBC, to students, to the alumni community, and to the reputation of the University and help UBC achieve its mission — to advance knowledge and create positive change in the world.
There are a myriad of opportunities to get involved including mentorship and helping to organize reunions. In addition, alumni UBC has partnered with UBC Careers Online to offer UBC alumni an easy way to find volunteer opportunities on campus and beyond. Visit regularly as faculties, student groups, campus attractions and community partners post new volunteer positions weekly that are specifically seeking UBC alumni!
Featured Volunteer Opportunities.
We’re looking forward to another exciting and busy fall season and invite you to join us! There are many meaningful alumni volunteer opportunities available for the upcoming academic year, including Vancouver +Acumen Case Challenge Judges or Volunteers for the MBA Capstone Case Day.
The UBC Student Leadership Conference (SLC) is the largest conference at UBC, and the only leadership event of its kind in Canada. This student-driven initiative provides over 1200 delegates a one-day opportunity to develop their skills, establish a solid network of peers and mentors, and discover their leadership potential. This year’s SLC will be held on Saturday January 11th, 2014 and the Organizing Committee is recruiting alumni volunteers to be a part of this exciting event!
- Follow the opportunity links provided, or visit https://ubc-csm.symplicity.com/students/
- If you have not already logged in, you will need to enter your Campus-Wide Login (CWL) username and password. If you do not already have a CWL, you can easily create one.
- After logging in, you will be directed to the volunteering opportunity.
- Read the details of the position, then follow the instructions at the top of the right column (under ‘How To Apply’) to apply for the position.
- Go to https://shibboleth-ubc-csm.symplicity.com/sso/
- If you do not already have a Campus-Wide Login (CWL), you will need to create one.
- Complete the CWL sign-up form. You will need your UBC student number and Student Service Centre password to verify your identity.
- Once you receive your CWL username and password, you can login to CareersOnline.
- During your first visit to CareersOnline, you will be asked to fill out a short registration form.
Help UBC alumni make an impact through meaningful opportunities with the communities they are most passionate about. Submit a volunteer opportunity to attract educated, energetic and experienced volunteers.
- Go to http://www.students.ubc.ca/careers/employers/post-a-job/
- Scroll down to “Posting a Job of Volunteer Opportunity”
- Register for an account if you do not have one
- Post your volunteer opportunity.
- Once your posting has been approved (typically within 1-2 business days), you will receive a confirmation email.
- Once your posting has been approved it will remain online for a maximum of 30 days. You can re-post the opportunity if you wish.