Alumni volunteers make a unique contribution to UBC, to students, to the alumni community, and to the reputation of the University and help UBC achieve its mission — to advance knowledge and create positive change in the world.
There is a myriad of opportunities to get involved that includes mentorship and helping to organize reunions. In addition, alumni UBC has partnered with UBC Careers Online to offer UBC alumni an easy way to find volunteer opportunities on campus and beyond. Visit regularly as faculties, student groups, campus attractions and community partners post new volunteer positions weekly that are specifically seeking UBC alumni!
Featured Volunteer Opportunities
The Environmental Sciences Students’ Association (ESSA) is holding their annual Career Fair on Wednesday March 4th, 2015 from 5-7pm in the ESB Atrium (2270 Main Mall, UBC Vancouver).
They are looking for graduates of the Environmental Science program to volunteer at an alumni booth and share their experiences since graduation.
Share your story! Mentorship allows students and mentors the chance to connect about career and networking. True mentoring is much more than just answering occasional questions, it’s an ongoing relationship of learning, dialogue and challenge. This form of experiential learning can be very powerful and inspirational to students who are learning about potential paths for after graduation and want to know the stories of UBC alumni who went through the same process.
Throughout the school year, there are a number of ways for alumni from all faculties to connect with students on campus.
Aboriginal entrepreneurs are the key to building a healthy economy both on and off reserve. Over 34,000 Aboriginal entrepreneurs across Canada operate businesses that contribute to local economies, sustain home communities and compete in global markets.
The aim of this initiative to help the aboriginal students enrolled in the AMP improve their presentation skills and to polish their presentations for the final project – Capstone. We are looking for approximately 20 mentors.
e@UBC Mentors play a critical role in developing the next generation of business leaders and contributing to the long-term success of our revolutionary new ventures. If you are a seasoned leader in the business community and you’d like to explore a role in our Mentor Network, we’d love to hear from you. Please tell us a little about yourself and we’ll be happy to arrange a meeting to find alignment with your expertise and our ventures’ needs.
- Follow the opportunity links provided, or visit https://ubc-csm.symplicity.com/students/
- If you have not already logged in, you will need to enter your Campus-Wide Login (CWL) username and password. If you do not already have a CWL, you can easily create one.
- After logging in, you will be directed to the volunteering opportunity.
- Read the details of the position, then follow the instructions at the top of the right column (under ‘How To Apply’) to apply for the position.
- Go to https://shibboleth-ubc-csm.symplicity.com/sso/
- If you do not already have a Campus-Wide Login (CWL), you will need to create one.
- Complete the CWL sign-up form. You will need your UBC student number and Student Service Centre password to verify your identity.
- Once you receive your CWL username and password, you can login to CareersOnline.
- During your first visit to CareersOnline, you will be asked to fill out a short registration form.
Help UBC alumni make an impact through meaningful opportunities with the communities they are most passionate about. Submit a volunteer opportunity to attract educated, energetic and experienced volunteers.
- Go to http://www.students.ubc.ca/careers/employers/post-a-job/
- Scroll down to “Posting a Job or Volunteer Opportunity”
- Register for an account if you do not have one
- Post your volunteer opportunity.
- Once your posting has been approved (typically within 1-2 business days), you will receive a confirmation email.
- Once your posting has been approved it will remain online for a maximum of 30 days. You can re-post the opportunity if you wish.