Whether you graduated from UBC's Okanagan campus or are a UBC Vancouver alumnus who lives in the Okanagan Valley, we offer many ways to stay connected to the university.
Mini-Med Lecture Series: Brain Afflictions: Why Diseases Like Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s Take Hold
November 1, 2016 | Kelowna, BC
Mini-Med Lecture Series: Understanding Stroke and Recovery
November 8, 2016 | Kelowna, BC
Mini-Med Lecture Series: Addiction as a Brain Disease
November 15, 2016 | Kelowna, BC
Why are people afraid of chemicals?
November 17, 2016 | Kelowna, BC
Alumni City Ambassadors
If you’re a UBC Okanagan campus grad and you are moving to a new city (or just passing through), the Okanagan Alumni City Ambassadors are ready to welcome you to their city, answer local questions and connect you to the broader UBC network.
- Psychopathy increases risk of violence in romantic relationships October 27, 2016People with higher levels of psychopathic tendencies are more likely to assault their romantic partners. They are also more likely to drink alcohol, a UBC study has found.
- People trying to quit smoking don’t always focus on tobacco cessation October 25, 2016Fifty per cent of statements made by smokers during counselling sessions designed to help them stop have nothing to do with quitting, a UBC study has found.
- UBC researcher worries global warming may harm predator and prey connections October 25, 2016A UBC study highlights the potential harm that climate change may have on a number of predator and prey relationships.
- Music may help make high-intensity interval training viable option for average person October 20, 2016Listening to music may make it easier for people to adopt short duration exercise regimens that could help them stay in shape, according to researchers at UBC’s Okanagan campus.
- UBC professors share insight about the brain during Mini-Med October 19, 2016The human being’s most critical organ, the brain, is the topic of this year’s Mini-Med series.
Be found early by top employers in BC and beyond. Magnet’s matching technology delivers jobs tailored to your experiences, skills, and aspirations –directly to your inbox.
- PREVIEW: Heat will make first playoff appearance, play undefeated Spartans on Saturday October 27, 2016The Heat women will play their first ever Canada West postseason match against the Spartans at 4 p.m. on Saturday, October 29 at Chase Office Field in Langley, BC
- PREVIEW: Heat visit Alberta for second trip to playoffs in last three years October 27, 2016The UBC Okanagan Heat men will play the nationally ranked #2 Alberta Golden Bears on Saturday afternoon at 1:15 PM PT at Foote Field in Edmonton.
- Canada West Preseason Preview (Women’s Volleyball) October 26, 2016A look inside all of the women's volleyball team's in Canada West before conference play begins this week.
Haven't heard from us recently? Never miss another event, offer, announcement or issue of Trek again. There are many benefits to staying connected with alumni UBC.
Your Next Step: Starting Your Business in KelownaDetermining the location for your new business is just one of many key business decisions involved in the planning process, but what’s next? For Your Next Step: Starting Your Business in Kelowna, our expert panelists discussed where the growth opportunities are in Kelowna and what programs and resources are available to help you get your business... Read more
Okanagan Wines: How Much Does Terroir Matter?
Your Next Step: Dress to Impress (in Kelowna)
How can we protect our water?
Okanagan Alumni Leadership Committee
Gary Bennett, BA’64, MA’76
Blake Edwards, BA'16
Casey Hamilton, BSFN'07
Nelson Jatel, BSc’98, MA'14
Ross Langford, BCom'89, LLB'89
Candice Loring, BMgt'16
Sharon McCoubrey, PhD'00
Cody McKay, BMgt'15
Find out more about the Alumni Leadership Committees.
alumni UBC Okanagan
1138 Alumni Ave, ADM 103
Kelowna, BC V1V 1V7
Tel: (250) 807.9360