We’re officially two weeks into summer and we’re in the mood to celebrate. There’s lots of ways you can connect with us in the warmest, laziest days of the year. From opera to podcasts to sharing your alumni pride on social, there’s something for everyone, no matter where you are in the world.
1. Listen to us on your phone. Expand your ideas and increase your knowledge by delving into our Summer Listening 2017 podcast playlist. Subscribe to our podcasts on iTunes, SoundCloud, and RSS to stay up to date and be the first to listen in on engaging conversations and experiences.
2. Take in a dinner and show. Invite your former UBC classmates to Opera Under the Stars in Kelowna on Wednesday, August 2. The third-annual free evening of music returns to UBC’s Okanagan campus where the world-class voices of Opera Kelowna will treat you to a performance of Puccini’s classic La bohème.
3. Come back to campus. We’re celebrating our 100th year on Saturday, September 16 with Alumni Day at Homecoming on UBC’s Vancouver campus. From the 100th UBC Alumni Association AGM in the morning, to a Thunderbirds football game in the afternoon, and the rousing Welcome Home Party in the evening, Alumni Day has it all.
4. Put yourself on the map. In case you missed it, we launched our year-long alumni UBC 100 celebration on May 4, 2017. Add yourself on our global alumni map and explore the profiles of the 1000+ alumni who have already added themselves to the growing interactive community.
5. Take us to the beach. The newest issue of Trek magazine arrived in June and is ready for you to read in print, online, and on our app. Take in a rich array of stories featuring UBC’s outstanding research, people, and ideas.
Did we miss something? Share your ideas in the comments.