It’s rain and snow season and our partner, All Purpose Realty, is here to help prepare your home for the cold by awarding one lucky winner a $100 gift card to a home improvement store. You’ll have all the supplies you need to unclog your gutters, seal gaps around your doors and weatherproof your windows.
If you’re in the market to buy or sell an apartment, townhome or detached home, get in touch with All Purpose Realty. They are a licensed brokerage that connects clients with well-known realtors and firms. All Purpose Realty not only offers a convenient service, they provide cash rewards to UBC alumni! That’s $25 for each $10,000 of the purchase or sale price. For example, sell a property for $800,000 and receive $2000 cash. The rewards program is available across Canada and in select US states. To learn more, click here.
Rules and Regulations
The UBC Alumni Association Contest – November 2021
Official Contest Rules
- Contest Period
- The contest period begins at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time on November 1, 2021 and closes at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time on November 30, 2021 (the “Contest Period”).
- The UBC Alumni Association Alumni Savings Contest (the “Contest”) is open to UBC credit degree holders and credit diploma holders, who are legal residents of Canada, excluding Quebec, who are 19 years of the age or older (as of the date their entry is submitted), and who provide their first and last name, UBC credentials, year UBC credentials were received (year of graduation), email address, telephone number and mailing address to the UBC Alumni Association through an electronic form found at alumni.ubc.ca during the Contest Period. For greater clarity, credentials awarded by UBC Continuing Studies are not considered credit degrees or credit diplomas.
- Notwithstanding 2.1, the following parties are not eligible to enter the Contest: (a) employees of The UBC Alumni Association or UBC; and (b) family members of UBC Alumni Association or UBC employees.
- How to Enter
- The Prize for the Contest will be awarded as one (1) $100 gift card to Home Depot Canada. A MasterCard gift card may be substituted at the discretion of the UBC Alumni Association. Approximate prize value is $100 CAD.
- The Prize must be accepted as awarded.
- The Prize is not transferable or assignable.
- The Prize winner shall be selected as follows:
- On or about December 1, 2021 a random draw will be conducted in Vancouver, British Columbia by the UBC Alumni Association to select one (1) entry for the Prize. One (1) entrant will be selected from all eligible entries received. The odds of being selected as a potential winner are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received during the Contest period.
- Before being declared a winner of the Prize, the selected potential winner shall be required to: (1) respond to the UBC Alumni Association in accordance with Section 5.1(c) of these Official Contest Rules; (2) answer, without assistance of any kind, a mathematical skill-testing question, and to comply with these Contest Rules; (3) may be required to swear an affidavit at their expense indicating eligibility and compliance with these Official Contest Rules; (4) provide written release consenting to the use of his/her name, city or province of residence and/or photograph or likeness, without compensation, in any publicity carried out by the UBC Alumni Association and/or its advertising and promotional agencies relative to this Contest; and (5) may be required to sign release and indemnity at their expense whereby the winner releases and indemnifies and holds harmless the UBC Alumni Association, its advertising and promotional agencies, the suppliers of the Prize, and all their respective employees, directors, officers, owners, agents, representatives, successors and assigns from any liability in connection with or arising out of the Contest, the awarding of the Prize, the use of the Prize or the use of any personal
- THE SELECTED POTENTIAL WINNER OF THE DRAW WILL BE NOTIFIED BY TELEPHONE OR E-MAIL NO LATER THAN December 3, 2021 at 5:00pm Pacific Daylight Time using the contact information provided by the Contest entrant at the time of entering the Contest. Upon notification, THE SELECTED POTENTIAL WINNER OF THE DRAW MUST RESPOND WITHIN FIVE CALENDAR DAYS by telephone or email to the contact number or email address provided in the notification. The selected potential winner’s response must be received by the UBC Alumni Association within such five calendar day period of such notification.
- If a selected potential winner fails to meet any of the requirements set out in these Official Contest Rules, they will be disqualified and another entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible entrants and, upon notification, will have FIVE CALENDAR days to respond.
- The Prize winner shall be selected as follows:
- General Rules
- The decisions of the UBC Alumni Association in relation to this Contest will be final and binding on all entrants. The UBC Alumni Association’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Contest Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision or any other provision of these Official Contest Rules.
- The issuance of the Prize is subject to verification by the UBC Alumni Association and/or designated representatives. Entries made with multiple addresses, under multiple identities or through the use of any device or artifice to enter multiple times or entries that are in excess of the permitted number of entries during the Contest period are automatically void.
- All Contest entries which are incomplete, illegal, mutilated, altered, reproduced, forged, irregular or fraudulent in any way or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Contest Rules are automatically void.
- The personal information provided to enter the Contest will be retained by the UBC Alumni Association for the purpose of contacting you to advise you of alumni-related news and information, event invitations and special services only available to UBC alumni.
- The prize will be sent by mail to the winner’s Canadian address.
- The Contest and these Official Contest Rules are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of British Columbia and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, without giving effect to any choice or law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws.
- Internet Disclaimer
- The UBC Alumni Association and its agents are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, traffic congestion or the Internet or any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer, related to or resulting from downloading any materials in this contest.
- The UBC Alumni Association reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend this contest should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of the UBC Alumni Association or its agents corrupt the security or proper administration of the contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, The UBC Alumni Association reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.