Kick-off wine festival with Howard Soon, BSc’74, Master Winemaker
This summer, Sandhill master winemaker Howard Soon, BSc’74, is retiring after working on an incredible 37 consecutive vintages. This September in Kelowna, join him for a special evening reception with brief program where you’ll enjoy Sandhill’s award-winning wines paired with a gourmet menu that will be a foodie’s delight. The menu will be presented by the Okanagan College Culinary Arts team under the direction of Chef Bernard Casavant. This reception is open exclusively to UBC alumni and their guests, and will also serve as the opening night reception for the Okanagan Wine Discovery tour participants.
Space is limited. Don’t miss this opportunity to mingle with fellow UBC alumni while spending time learning from Howard.
Thursday, September 21, 2017
Sandhill Wines Tasting Room
1125 Richter Street
Kelowna, BC – map
$95 per person (plus tax)
Please register with Martine at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-387-1483.
- Cold Chicken Ballotine; Field Berry Chutney; Roasted Garlic Crostini, Micro Cress
- Cold Smoked Road 13 Arctic Char; Dill Infused Compressed Cucumber; Lemon Grass Crème Fraiche, Pickled Shallots
- (V-GF) Roasted Bell Pepper Humus, Organic Rainbow Carrot Curls; Fried Rice Cake
- Korean Spiced Pork Belly; Steamed Buns, House Kimchi; Chili, Onion Aioli
- (V-GF) Korean Spiced Tofu, Lettuce Cup, Kimchi, Chili, Onion Aioli & garnish bar
- Okanagan Spirits Flamed Scallops, Prawns; Green Garbanzo Texture; Lemon Thyme Butter Sauce; Seaweed, Tapioca Cracker; Purple Radish Sprouts
- (V-GF) Sautéed Icicle Radish; Lemon Thyme Carrot Puree, Seaweed Tapioca Cracker; Purple Radish Sprouts
- Chef Couper’s Enderby Wild Boar Charcuterie tasting to consist of Crisp Pancetta, Rosemary Cured Lardo, Coppa, Prosciutto; Warm Roasted Onion Sponge; Okanagan Apple Gel, Chive Mustard
- Okanagan College “Or Noir” Chocolate Ganache Tarts; Torched Marshmallow Fluff; Kalamalka Karamel Sauce; Stone Fruit Ice Wine Gel; Salted Caramel Foam Toffee, Petal Confetti
- (V-GF) Chocolate Ganache; Torched Marshmallow Fluff; Kalamalka Karamel Sauce; Stone Fruit Ice Wine Gel; Salted Caramel Foam Toffee, Petal Confetti
- Custom Selection of Cabernet Franc Infused Chocolate Bon Bons