Hosting a 100 Dinners gathering is a wonderful opportunity for you to act as an ambassador for UBC and celebrate alumni UBC 100 alongside other alumni in your area. Through this shared once-in-a-century experience (quite literally), you will have the unique opportunity to strengthen old relationships and build new connections. To top it off, as a host, you will be entered into a prize draw for the chance to win a pair of WestJet plane tickets to anywhere that WestJet flies!
You are welcome to host either a private or a public dinner:
- Private dinner: You know your guests personally and know how to contact them..
- Public dinner: You determine the invitation criteria and alumni UBC helps you promote your dinner to potential dinner guests in your region.
You can host your dinner just about anywhere: at a restaurant, in a park, or even at your home!
Lazy Gourmet is providing a choice of 10% off or free delivery for catered 100 Dinners events in the Vancouver region. A six-person minimum applies to all orders. Please contact Shannon at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about menu options.
Although alumni UBC cannot provide hosts with financial assistance for the 100 Dinners initiative, we are committed to supporting your hosting experience in a number of ways. We can assist by:
- Helping you determine suitable invitation criteria for public dinners, factoring in the size of the alumni community where you live.
- Promoting your public dinner to UBC alumni in your respective geographical region.
- Providing you with access to an online registration system for your public dinner so you can easily set up a registration form, capture RSVPs, and communicate with your guests.
- Providing event supplies, including alumni UBC 100 promotional materials to brand your dinner, and an icebreaker activity for you and your guests.
Please note: In order to ensure that alumni UBC can provide this support, we require that the Host Application Form be completed a minimum of 6 weeks prior to the date of a public dinner, and a minimum of 4 weeks prior to the date of a private dinner.