Before you can register for Alumni Email Forwarding, you will need a CWL (Campus-Wide Login) account associated with your student record. This is required to verify your affiliation with the university. (If you are able to log into the Student Service Centre using your CWL, then it is associated with your student record.)
If you do not have a CWL account, or if your CWL account isn’t associated with your student record, learn how to register for CWL.
- Go to the Student and Alumni Email Forwarding site.
- Click on the CWL login button; enter your CWL username and password and click Continue.
- You will now be able to choose an @alumni.ubc.ca email alias, and enter an email account where you would like messages to be delivered. You will see that an email alias has already been suggested for you in the Choose an email alias field. You can enter a different email alias as well, but it should contain at least one dot “.”.
- Now enter a target email address in the Forward to this target address field. Email sent to your alumni email alias will be delivered to your target email address. For example: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click Update Account to submit your changes. You may need to select a new alias if the one you entered has been taken. It will take up to 24 hours for your new alias to begin working. Please note: Email aliases that are libelous, slanderous or derogatory will not be accepted.