Contiki Travel Alert Regarding COVID-19
We have been closely monitoring the pandemic, taking all necessary precautionary measures to prioritise the wellbeing of our guests and teams. In accordance with travel restrictions imposed by government advisories worldwide, Contiki have temporarily suspended all trips across the globe for trips until 31 May, 2020. Our priorities in this immediate period are as follows;
- First and foremost, is the safety of our guests. Our global operations teams worked tirelessly to ensure our guests who were currently on trips are got back to their home countries safely.
- Our call centre teams are working around the clock speaking with anxious guests who have upcoming travel plans that have been impacted by recent travel bans. The primary goal is to hold onto bookings by encouraging and incentivising rebooking later in 2020 or into 2021. Our current policies are outlined below:
For all bookings departing before or on 31 May 2020
Contiki is temporarily suspending all guided trips across the globe for trips departing up and until 31 May 2020. All guests currently booked on a trip during this temporary suspension are eligible to either:
- Change their travel dates or destination to any trip in 2020 or 2021, without penalty on the land portion of their trip. Any applicable savings applied to the original booking, will move to the new booking.
- Elect for a future travel credit in the full amount paid redeemable against a new booking for travel to any destination departing before December 31, 2021.
- All marketing has been put on pause given the current uncertainty of travel and brand messaging is focusing on customer support and also encouraging wanderlust as we are all staying at home. However, on a positive note each day we are also receiving 2021 enquiries and bookings which is a sign that our loyal guests will always return.
Contiki has a celebrated history of supporting destinations around the world in times of crisis. When the timing is right, if you would like to discuss recovery efforts, we are here to support our partners with destination specific insights and guidance on appropriate marketing to connect with those who are looking to travel.
From quick breaks to epic journeys, our trips cover the world from all angles for 18-35 year old travelers like you. It’s about making every moment count. At Contiki, that’s what we do best. #NOREGRETS
Contiki is pleased to offer special pricing for UBC alumni. Enter promo code PPUBCALUMNI and receive $150 off your next trip.
*Save $150 off Contiki trips 7 days or longer. Offer valid on new bookings only from 01-Sep-2019 until 31-Dec-2020. Discount applies to the land trip price and is not applicable to airfare, taxes, pre/post accommodation, national park fees, permits, food funds and Free Time Add-Ons. Offer is combinable with brochure discounts and other offers (restrictions may apply). Discounts are subject to availability & may be withdrawn at any point without notice. Please visit: https://www.contiki.com/ca/en/resources/bookingconditions for full booking terms & conditions.