Be a part of the alumni UBC team and take part in the excitement of graduation! This is a great opportunity to get to know the Robert H. Lee Alumni Centre and meet our newest alumni.
We will be hosting Alumni Graduation Welcome Receptions during fall graduation, November 27-29, 2019. There are a number of volunteer shifts available. Refreshments will be available before and after shifts for all volunteers, and if you are scheduled for two back-to-back shifts, you will be provided with a meal. Reference letters will also be available upon request.
General volunteer orientations will take place on Tuesday, November 19, with the choice between a noon hour or evening session. Details about the orientation will be provided when we confirm your shifts.
Alumni Centre Greeter
Location: Robert H. Lee Alumni Centre, 6163 University Blvd
- Greet and congratulate all alumni and their guests upon arrival. Additional information will be provided at orientation.
- Count all attendees on clicker provided and answer general inquiries.
- Monitor cleanliness of the space and let staff know when a clean-up is needed.
- May need to assist with clearing tables and tidying space.
- Other duties assigned (e.g. overseeing coat check)
Please note volunteers will be standing for duration of shift. Comfortable shoes recommended.
* Requirement: Volunteers must be outgoing, enthusiastic, and comfortable approaching each and every guest as they arrive. The main focus of this role is to congratulate, greet and provide information.
Please fill in the information below to sign up for your all your preferred shifts you are available for. We assign up to 3 shifts maximum, as it works for your schedule. Please indicate which orientation session you would like to attend.
For additional information, please contact Bradley Menard at email@example.com.