Join the UBC Student Alumni Council!
The Student Alumni Council (SAC) is student leadership pilot program in collaboration with the President’s Office and supported by alumni UBC. SAC members are students dedicated to connecting students with alumni and fostering campus pride.
We are seeking a diverse group of talented, enthusiastic, and committed student leaders.
Why join the SAC?
- Plan and execute unique initiatives, leaving a legacy on campus
- Mentorship opportunities with notable alumni for personal and professional development
- Develop professional skills, including public speaking, event planning, marketing, and more!
- Build your resume by gaining valuable leadership experience
- Unparalleled networking opportunities, including with members of UBC leadership
- Represent UBC within the student body and at high-level events
- Create lasting friendships and memories with likeminded students!
What positions are available?
The SAC President oversees both the executive team and the SAC as a whole, helping each member succeed and grow as a leader on campus. Working closely with the SAC Staff Advisor, the SAC President runs all general and executive meetings, monitors committee workings, and provides direction and guidance to the SAC executive team.
The VP Internal leads a committee responsible for the development and engagement of all SAC members. Specific responsibilities will include leading committee meetings and providing guidance to the committee with organizing regular professional development workshops, social bonding opportunities, and SAC member recruitment.
Vice-President, Campus Traditions
The VP Campus Traditions leads a committee responsible for collaborating on campus traditions and key UBC events. Specific responsibilities include leading committee meetings and providing guidance to the committee on all programming, including collaborations with campus partners.
Vice-President, Alumni Relations
The VP Alumni Relations leads a committee responsible for all activities related to alumni relations. Specific responsibilities include leading committee meetings and providing guidance to the committee in coordinating the SAC’s alumni-focused programs.
Vice-President, Student Engagement
The VP Student Engagement leads a committee responsible for coordinating the SAC’s student-focused programs. Specific responsibilities will include leading committee meetings and providing guidance to the committee in coordinating student-focused projects.
General members will role model outstanding student leadership, execute all SAC events, and attend weekly meetings. Each member is part of one of the following four committees:
- Campus Traditions: Fosters UBC pride through collaborating on key UBC events and traditions, such as Imagine Day, Homecoming, Annual Giving Day, and more!
- Alumni Relations: Coordinate SAC’s alumni-focused programs, including collaborations with alumni UBC
- Student Engagement: Facilitates programming to connect with our campus community, both original initiatives and collaborations with campus partners
- Internal: Directs the personal and professional development of SAC members
- This is a volunteer position for the 2021/2022 academic year
- Meetings occur weekly on every Tuesday from 5:00 to 7:00 pm (September to November and January to March), as well as once a month during the summer (May to August)
- Expected time commitment is 2-5 hours per week, though this may vary throughout the year
Desired Skills and Experience:
Members must be registered UBC students and meet the following criteria:
- A minimum cumulative academic standing of 65% or greater
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and time management skills
- Passion and enthusiasm for promoting and developing student-alumni connections
- Ability to meet all responsibilities, manage time effectively, and fulfill all expectations above
- Demonstrated leadership experience, including experience leading a team or overseeing programs (preferred for executive roles)
- Passion for UBC!
The application form is now closed.
Thank you for your interest in joining the Student Alumni Council.
Contact information for further inquiries:
Alumni Engagement Coordinator – Student Alumni Council