Whether you graduated from UBC's Okanagan campus or are a UBC Vancouver alumnus who lives in the Okanagan Valley, we offer many ways to stay connected to the university.
Alumni City Ambassadors
If you’re a UBC Okanagan campus grad and you are moving to a new city (or just passing through), the Okanagan Alumni City Ambassadors are ready to welcome you to their city, answer local questions and connect you to the broader UBC network.
- UBC prof suggests species at risk in Canada are not fully protected June 20, 2017A new study from UBC’s Okanagan campus has found that in many cases, Canada isn’t following federal legislation requiring the protection of threatened or endangered species and could be placing them further at risk of extinction.
- Sculptures enhance permanent legacy of former UBC student June 19, 2017Two bronze deer now grace the grounds of UBC’s Okanagan campus, a gift that will forever stand as a legacy to former undergraduate student River Sidley.
- Opera Under the Stars back at UBC Okanagan June 16, 2017A mid-summer evening of music promises to captivate concert-goers as the third-annual Opera Under the Stars returns to UBC Okanagan this August.
- Community health-based volunteer program spreads across Canada June 15, 2017A UBC Okanagan professor’s idea to improve quality of life for seriously ill adults is spreading across the country.
- Want to feel stronger and thinner? Get some exercise June 14, 2017Just one 30-minute bout of exercise makes women feel stronger and thinner, according to a new UBC study. And the positive effect lasts well beyond the activity itself, which may be good news for women concerned about their body image.
Be found early by top employers in BC and beyond. Magnet’s matching technology delivers jobs tailored to your experiences, skills, and aspirations –directly to your inbox.
- Congratulations to the Heat Graduates of 2017 June 9, 201726 members of 2016-17 Heat teams were a part of the Convocation ceremonies celebrating UBC graduates this Thursday and Friday June 8-9, 2017.
- UBC Okanagan Heat varsity golf team returns for 2017/18 academic year June 6, 2017UBC student athletes Lauren Siemers (L) and McKenna Lesiuk (R) together with golf community member Cheryl Stecko (C) were the driving force in organizing Heat varsity golf fundraising.
- Heat men's volleyball add setter Lucas Robertson June 1, 2017Robertson's addition brings an experienced, college-tested setter to the 2017/18 men's roster.
Haven't heard from us recently? Never miss another event, offer, announcement or issue of Trek again. There are many benefits to staying connected with alumni UBC.
A Budding Industry: The Future of Cannabis in CanadaThe government of Canada has tabled legislation legalizing and regulating the sale, possession and use of cannabis. While the benefits and drawbacks of cannabis legalization in Canada have been debated for years, the complexity of doing so has become clear now that legalization is imminent. Hear from our panel of experts in Toronto as they discuss what... Read more
Can early intervention improve mental health outcomes in youth?
The Grape Debate 2017 – What role does the vessel play?
Baby Talk: How Language Learning Begins Before Birth – Featuring Dr. Janet Werker
Okanagan Alumni Leadership Committee
Gary Bennett, BA’64, MA’76
Sue Connaghan, BSc’84
Blake Edwards, BA'16
Casey Hamilton, BSFN'07
Nelson Jatel, BSc’98, MA'14
Ross Langford, BCom'89, LLB'89
Candice Loring, BMgt'16
Sharon McCoubrey, PhD'00
Cody McKay, BMgt'15
Find out more about the Alumni Leadership Committees.
alumni UBC Okanagan
1138 Alumni Ave, ADM 103
Kelowna, BC V1V 1V7
Tel: (250) 807.9360