Whether you graduated from UBC's Okanagan campus or are a UBC Vancouver alumnus who lives in the Okanagan Valley, we offer many ways to stay connected to the university.
Can early intervention improve mental health outcomes in youth?
February 23, 2017 | Kelowna, BC
Virtual Career Development Chats
March 8, 2017 | Online
UBC’s Okanagan Campus – The Graduation Ball
March 25, 2017 | Kelowna, BC
Tackling the Killers: Has Preventing HIV/AIDS Provided a Key to Sustainable Healthcare?
April 20, 2017 | Kelowna, BC
Alumni City Ambassadors
If you’re a UBC Okanagan campus grad and you are moving to a new city (or just passing through), the Okanagan Alumni City Ambassadors are ready to welcome you to their city, answer local questions and connect you to the broader UBC network.
- Time running out for living languages in BC February 15, 2017All of British Columbia’s 34 living First Nations languages are critically endangered and many face the loss of their last generation of fluent speakers within the next decade.
- Digital photography could be a key factor in rural health care February 9, 2017Photographs may lead to better treatment and care for patients in rural communities, a UBC Okanagan study shows.
- Barely-educated humans impact bear behaviour February 6, 2017The American black bear can rest easier thanks to conservation research conducted at UBC’s Okanagan campus. A recent study indicates that while urban sprawl results in more human-bear interactions, human education can hinder negative encounters.
- UBC professors conduct research in local community school February 3, 2017UBC researchers are collaborating with educators to re-imagine the future of education at Vernon Community School (VCS), an alternative school that’s reconstructing the way we think about learning.
- UBC researchers conclude root systems and fungi do more than feed trees February 2, 2017UBC researchers have determined how fungi found in the roots of trees regulate forest diversity through their effects on seedlings.
Be found early by top employers in BC and beyond. Magnet’s matching technology delivers jobs tailored to your experiences, skills, and aspirations –directly to your inbox.
- RECAP: Heat pull out a three set win over TRU for season sweep over BC rival February 19, 2017With a win Saturday night, the Heat men earned a weekend sweep against Thompson Rivers in the teams' annual home-and-home matchup.
- RECAP: Heat and WolfPack tied in standings after weekend split February 19, 2017After closing out a President’s Cup victory with a win Thursday night, the Heat fell to the ‘Pack in the second half of the teams’ annual home-and-home series Saturday night.
- VOLLEYBALL (M) THOMPSON RIVERS 0 UBCO 3 W February 19, 2017
Haven't heard from us recently? Never miss another event, offer, announcement or issue of Trek again. There are many benefits to staying connected with alumni UBC.
- UBC Okanagan Aero Club February 17, 2017
- The River Timothy Sidley Memorial Award Recipient Sarah Falconer February 14, 2017
- Zach Walsh - Cannabis and Mental Health February 3, 2017
Okanagan Alumni Leadership Committee
Gary Bennett, BA’64, MA’76
Blake Edwards, BA'16
Casey Hamilton, BSFN'07
Nelson Jatel, BSc’98, MA'14
Ross Langford, BCom'89, LLB'89
Candice Loring, BMgt'16
Sharon McCoubrey, PhD'00
Cody McKay, BMgt'15
Find out more about the Alumni Leadership Committees.
alumni UBC Okanagan
1138 Alumni Ave, ADM 103
Kelowna, BC V1V 1V7
Tel: (250) 807.9360