Whether you graduated from UBC's Okanagan campus or are a UBC Vancouver alumnus who lives in the Okanagan Valley, we offer many ways to stay connected to the university.
Can early intervention improve mental health outcomes in youth?
February 23, 2017 | Kelowna, BC
Virtual Career Development Chats
March 8, 2017 | Online
UBC’s Okanagan Campus – The Graduation Ball
March 25, 2017 | Kelowna, BC
Tackling the Killers: Has Preventing HIV/AIDS Provided a Key to Sustainable Healthcare?
April 20, 2017 | Kelowna, BC
Alumni City Ambassadors
If you’re a UBC Okanagan campus grad and you are moving to a new city (or just passing through), the Okanagan Alumni City Ambassadors are ready to welcome you to their city, answer local questions and connect you to the broader UBC network.
- Supporter of amateur and professional sports speaks at UBC breakfast event February 21, 2017Doug Mitchell, a man who has played professional football, triumphed in amateur sports, and has arenas and championship trophies named after him, is the special guest at this year’s Valley First/UBC Okanagan Athletics Scholarship Breakfast.
- Time running out for living languages in BC February 15, 2017All of British Columbia’s 34 living First Nations languages are critically endangered and many face the loss of their last generation of fluent speakers within the next decade.
- Digital photography could be a key factor in rural health care February 9, 2017Photographs may lead to better treatment and care for patients in rural communities, a UBC Okanagan study shows.
- Barely-educated humans impact bear behaviour February 6, 2017The American black bear can rest easier thanks to conservation research conducted at UBC’s Okanagan campus. A recent study indicates that while urban sprawl results in more human-bear interactions, human education can hinder negative encounters.
- UBC professors conduct research in local community school February 3, 2017UBC researchers are collaborating with educators to re-imagine the future of education at Vernon Community School (VCS), an alternative school that’s reconstructing the way we think about learning.
Be found early by top employers in BC and beyond. Magnet’s matching technology delivers jobs tailored to your experiences, skills, and aspirations –directly to your inbox.
- Supporter of amateur and professional sports speaks at UBC breakfast event February 22, 2017Valley First UBC Okanagan Athletics Scholarship Breakfast is on tap for Friday morning (Apr 7) at the Coast Capri Ballroom. Tickets still available.
- On tap this week for the UBC Okanagan Heat (Feb 24-25) February 22, 2017Season closes this weekend for home Heat action with a volleyball doubleheader versus MacEwan. Saturday night graduating players will be celebrated. Beer Gardens all weekend.
- U SPORTS TOP TEN TUESDAY: Heat women No. 9 heading into final week February 21, 2017Volleyball with their last action of the year with a home stand against MacEwan. Saturday night graduating senior players celebrated.
Haven't heard from us recently? Never miss another event, offer, announcement or issue of Trek again. There are many benefits to staying connected with alumni UBC.
The Grape Debate 2017 – What role does the vessel play?Winemakers in BC have traditionally used stainless steel and oak barrel vessels in the fermentation and ageing processes. Yet there are two new kids on the block: amphora (clay) and concrete now making their way into local cellars. Each affects the makeup of the wine differently, not only because of the diverse materials but also... Read more
Baby Talk: How Language Learning Begins Before Birth – Featuring Dr. Janet Werker
Why are people afraid of chemicals?
In Conversation with UBC President & Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Santa J. Ono (In Kelowna)
- 2016 Malcolm Metcalfe Graduate Scholarship Recipient Mitchell Westgate February 22, 2017
- UBC Okanagan Aero Club February 17, 2017
- The River Timothy Sidley Memorial Award Recipient Sarah Falconer February 14, 2017
Okanagan Alumni Leadership Committee
Gary Bennett, BA’64, MA’76
Blake Edwards, BA'16
Casey Hamilton, BSFN'07
Nelson Jatel, BSc’98, MA'14
Ross Langford, BCom'89, LLB'89
Candice Loring, BMgt'16
Sharon McCoubrey, PhD'00
Cody McKay, BMgt'15
Find out more about the Alumni Leadership Committees.
alumni UBC Okanagan
1138 Alumni Ave, ADM 103
Kelowna, BC V1V 1V7
Tel: (250) 807.9360