Whether you graduated from UBC's Okanagan campus or are a UBC Vancouver alumnus who lives in the Okanagan Valley, we offer many ways to stay connected to the university.
- UBC, Okanagan College open time capsule December 13, 2018A time capsule, complete with dozens of items tucked away 25 years ago by staff at Okanagan University College (OUC), was opened and its contents revealed. On Wednesday, Okanagan College President Jim Hamilton and UBC Okanagan’s Deputy Vice-Chancellor Deborah Buszard watched as the time capsule’s sealed lid was removed.
- Submissions welcome for UBC Okanagan’s annual fiction competition December 12, 2018Budding writers are urged to submit their entries for the annual Okanagan Short Story Contest.
- Giant tortoise provides insights into longevity and age-related disease December 11, 2018Ever since Darwin’s first steps on the Galapagos Islands, understanding the adaptations that offer the giant tortoise its extended lifespan has been a tantalizing scientific pursuit.
- Researchers develop tool for speedy diagnosis of bacterial infections November 29, 2018Using a small and inexpensive biosensor, researchers at UBC Okanagan, in collaboration with the University of Calgary, have built a diagnostic tool that provides health care practitioners almost instant diagnosis of a bacterial infection.
- UBC study reveals how political leanings shape support for homeless November 28, 2018A new study by researchers at UBC and the University of Toronto has determined that people, regardless of their political stripes, will respond charitably to those experiencing homelessness if they learn about their personal stories.
Haven't heard from us recently? Never miss another event, offer, announcement or issue of Trek again. There are many benefits to staying connected with alumni UBC.
Follow us on LinkedIn
Alumni City Ambassadors
If you’re a UBC Okanagan campus grad and you are moving to a new city (or just passing through), the Okanagan Alumni City Ambassadors are ready to welcome you to their city, answer local questions and connect you to the broader UBC network.
alumni UBC Okanagan Leadership Committee
Sue Connaghan, BSc’84
Ross Langford, BCom'89, LLB'89
Candice Loring, BMgt'16
Sharon McCoubrey, PhD'00
Find out more about the Alumni Leadership Committees.
alumni UBC Okanagan
1138 Alumni Ave, ADM 103
Kelowna, BC V1V 1V7
Tel: (250) 807.9360