Whether you graduated from UBC's Okanagan campus or are a UBC Vancouver alumnus who lives in the Okanagan Valley, we offer many ways to stay connected to the university.
Alumni City Ambassadors
If you’re a UBC Okanagan campus grad and you are moving to a new city (or just passing through), the Okanagan Alumni City Ambassadors are ready to welcome you to their city, answer local questions and connect you to the broader UBC network.
- Gift supports Kelowna General Hospital and Biology Co-op education program May 19, 2017A gift from the Colin and Lois Pritchard Foundation supports new diagnostic equipment at Kelowna General Hospital and a Biology Co-op education program at UBC Okanagan.
- UBC’s annual Think Tank supports a bright future for Osoyoos Secondary School May 19, 2017At this time last year, the fate of Osoyoos Secondary School was dire. Due to challenges with declining enrolment, the school was scheduled to close. However, the Rural Education Enhancement Fund provided funding and the school remains open.
- Students hit the road to recruit future healthcare professionals May 18, 2017A diverse group of university students from across BC and Canada recently spent a week in rural BC to inspire high school students to pursue future careers in healthcare.
- Exercising can protect the brain from Alzheimer’s disease May 16, 2017The evidence is clear. Physical activity is associated with a reduced risk of Alzheimer’s disease, says a panel of researchers and not-for-profit leaders, led by UBC’s Okanagan campus.
- Talk—don’t text—in times of stress, says UBC research May 15, 2017A UBC researcher suggests it’s best to stop texting and instead make face-to-face contact when someone reaches out in need of support.
Be found early by top employers in BC and beyond. Magnet’s matching technology delivers jobs tailored to your experiences, skills, and aspirations –directly to your inbox.
- Aidan Lea earns spot on National Volleyball Team May 17, 2017After just one year playing for the Heat Kelowna product Aidan Lea has been chosen to be a part of Volleyball Canada's Women's National Team.
- Morgan Nichols will stay home and play for the Heat next fall May 17, 2017George Elliot's Morgan Nichols will continue his athletic and academic pursuits in 2017/18 as he signs on to be a setter with the UBC Okanagan men's volleyball team.
- Strathmore's Funk to join Heat May 15, 2017The 6'7" Caleb Funk will add size to the front line of the UBC Okanagan men's volleyball team as a freshman for the 2017/18 season.
Haven't heard from us recently? Never miss another event, offer, announcement or issue of Trek again. There are many benefits to staying connected with alumni UBC.
A Budding Industry: The Future of Cannabis in CanadaThe government of Canada has tabled legislation legalizing and regulating the sale, possession and use of cannabis. While the benefits and drawbacks of cannabis legalization in Canada have been debated for years, the complexity of doing so has become clear now that legalization is imminent. Hear from our panel of experts in Toronto as they discuss what... Read more
Can early intervention improve mental health outcomes in youth?
The Grape Debate 2017 – What role does the vessel play?
Baby Talk: How Language Learning Begins Before Birth – Featuring Dr. Janet Werker
- 2017 Finch Family Undergraduate Scholarship Recipient May 18, 2017
- 2017 Kootenay Healthcare Travelling Roadshow May 17, 2017
- UBC Okanagan Nursing Specialty Practicum May 8, 2017
Okanagan Alumni Leadership Committee
Gary Bennett, BA’64, MA’76
Sue Connaghan, BSc’84
Blake Edwards, BA'16
Casey Hamilton, BSFN'07
Nelson Jatel, BSc’98, MA'14
Ross Langford, BCom'89, LLB'89
Candice Loring, BMgt'16
Sharon McCoubrey, PhD'00
Cody McKay, BMgt'15
Find out more about the Alumni Leadership Committees.
alumni UBC Okanagan
1138 Alumni Ave, ADM 103
Kelowna, BC V1V 1V7
Tel: (250) 807.9360