Whether you graduated from UBC's Okanagan campus or are a UBC Vancouver alumnus who lives in the Okanagan Valley, we offer many ways to stay connected to the university.
- New, safe models of clothing donation bins heading back to the streets December 12, 2019UBC Okanagan engineering students have solved the problem that took several lives and cost Canadian charities thousands of dollars of lost income. This time last year, charities across Vancouver pulled their clothing donation bins off the street after a number of people had climbed inside the bins and died. “When this last death happened in […]
- UBC research says poor sleep can impact recovery from a stroke December 12, 2019Getting a good night’s sleep is sound advice for most people, but a new UBC study says sleep is vital for those who are recovering from a stroke. Jennifer Davis is an assistant professor in the Faculty of Management at UBC’s Okanagan campus. Her goal is to improve the health of Canadians and her research […]
- New research seeks to improve safety equipment for pregnant women December 11, 2019New research from UBC’s Okanagan campus has developed a innovative model to map the impact of trauma on a pregnant woman and her uterus if she were involved in an accident—with the hopes of making everything from airbags to seatbelts safer for all.
- Too many Canadians live with multiple chronic conditions, say UBC researchers December 10, 2019A lack of physical activity, a poor diet and too much stress are taking their toll on the health of Canadians, says a new UBC study.
- Province and UBC fund major daycare expansion December 6, 2019The University Children’s Learning Centre at UBC’s Okanagan campus will soon add space for 20 more children. Currently licensed to provide services for 37 children, the facility will be renovated and expanded by 50 per cent thanks to support from the BC Ministry of Children and Family Development and UBC.
Haven't heard from us recently? Never miss another event, offer, announcement or issue of Trek again. There are many benefits to staying connected with alumni UBC.
THE A PROJECT
THE A PROJECT is a volunteer program for UBC alumni to work shoulder-to-shoulder on local service projects in the Okanagan. Sign up to be among the first to hear about upcoming THE A PROJECT activities.
Follow us on LinkedIn
- Celebrating teaching excellence at UBC Okanagan December 11, 2019
- Nobel Night 2019 at UBCO November 25, 2019
- 2019 Deputy Vice-Chancellor & Principal's Fall Town Hall November 20, 2019
Alumni City Ambassadors
If you’re a UBC Okanagan campus grad and you are moving to a new city (or just passing through), the Okanagan Alumni City Ambassadors are ready to welcome you to their city, answer local questions and connect you to the broader UBC network.
Notes from Alumni
Remember what it was like to be a student? There were so many conflicting priorities! We are asking our alumni to take a moment to help to brighten a UBCO student’s day by writing them a quick note of advice or encouragement on a postcard.
alumni UBC Okanagan Leadership Committee
Sue Connaghan, BSc’84
Ross Langford, BCom'89, LLB'89
Candice Loring, BMgt'16
Sharon McCoubrey, PhD'00
Find out more about the Alumni Leadership Committees.
alumni UBC Okanagan
1138 Alumni Ave, ADM 103
Kelowna, BC V1V 1V7
Tel: (250) 807.9360