Whether you graduated from UBC's Okanagan campus or are a UBC Vancouver alumnus who lives in the Okanagan Valley, we offer many ways to stay connected to the university.
- Runners, mark your calendars and take your marks: Campus to campus run returns in 2020 January 22, 2020For the first time in a decade, runners will have a chance to lace up and enjoy a scenic run between the University of British Columbia Okanagan and Okanagan College, thanks to the return of the popular campus-to-campus half marathon and relay race.
- Need to control blood sugar? There’s a drink for that, says UBC prof January 7, 2020With more people with diabetes and pre-diabetes looking for novel strategies to help control blood sugar, new research from UBC’s Okanagan campus suggests that ketone monoester drinks—a popular new food supplement—may help do exactly that.
- Engineering students enter virtual reality operating room December 20, 2019UBC Okanagan student Hafsah Khan is immersed in an operating room at the Hospital for Special Surgery at Weill Cornell Medical College in New York where a spine surgery is currently underway; although she is not physically there.
- From heart evolution to greenhouse gas December 20, 2019UBCO researchers are challenging established assumptions, innovating solutions and creating new knowledge that will have broad impacts on our society. Here are some of the accomplishments reached in 2019.
- UBC happiness expert gives tips for a more joyous holiday December 19, 2019New research from UBC’s Okanagan campus has developed a innovative model to map the impact of trauma on a pregnant woman and her uterus if she were involved in an accident—with the hopes of making everything from airbags to seatbelts safer for all.
Haven't heard from us recently? Never miss another event, offer, announcement or issue of Trek again. There are many benefits to staying connected with alumni UBC.
THE A PROJECT
THE A PROJECT is a volunteer program for UBC alumni to work shoulder-to-shoulder on local service projects in the Okanagan. Sign up to be among the first to hear about upcoming THE A PROJECT activities.
Follow us on LinkedIn
Alumni City Ambassadors
If you’re a UBC Okanagan campus grad and you are moving to a new city (or just passing through), the Okanagan Alumni City Ambassadors are ready to welcome you to their city, answer local questions and connect you to the broader UBC network.
Notes from Alumni
Remember what it was like to be a student? There were so many conflicting priorities! We are asking our alumni to take a moment to help to brighten a UBCO student’s day by writing them a quick note of advice or encouragement on a postcard.
alumni UBC Okanagan Leadership Committee
Sue Connaghan, BSc’84
Ross Langford, BCom'89, LLB'89
Candice Loring, BMgt'16
Sharon McCoubrey, PhD'00
Find out more about the Alumni Leadership Committees.
alumni UBC Okanagan
1138 Alumni Ave, ADM 103
Kelowna, BC V1V 1V7
Tel: (250) 807.9360