Whether you graduated from UBC's Okanagan campus or are a UBC Vancouver alumnus who lives in the Okanagan Valley, we offer many ways to stay connected to the university.
The complex connections between homelessness and health inequities in BC
January 26, 2021 | Online
PostSecret and the Pandemic: Struggles, Successes, & Strategies
January 28, 2021 | Online
The Future of Agriculture
February 5, 2021 | Online
Managing Anxiety with Mindfulness
February 9, 2021 | Online
- Street homeless people learn to ‘perform’ to obtain life-sustaining resources January 21, 2021New UBC Okanagan research has identified that street homeless people must learn to ‘perform’ in particular ways through their interactions with service providers to receive the help they need.
- New tool removes chemotherapy drugs from water systems January 18, 2021‘What goes in, must come out’ is a familiar refrain. It is especially pertinent to the challenges facing UBC researchers who are investigating methods to remove chemicals and pharmaceuticals from public water systems.
- A call to writers for Okanagan Short Story Contest submissions January 14, 2021Up and coming writers are encouraged to submit entries for the annual Okanagan Short Story Contest.
- Radio burst in Milky Way sheds light on origins of mysterious phenomenon January 12, 2021In the decade since they were first discovered, astronomers have categorized fast radio bursts (FRBs) as mysterious phenomena. But a recent astronomical event has provided further insight into the origin of these signals.
- UBCO virtual open house explores community engagement January 7, 2021A new public gallery, creative innovation spaces, a public engagement and learning suite and other community-accessible facilities are being considered for UBC Okanagan’s downtown Kelowna site.
Haven't heard from us recently? Never miss another event, offer, announcement or issue of Trek again. There are many benefits to staying connected with alumni UBC.
THE A PROJECT
THE A PROJECT is a volunteer program for UBC alumni to work shoulder-to-shoulder on local service projects in the Okanagan. Sign up to be among the first to hear about upcoming THE A PROJECT activities.
Follow us on LinkedIn
Notes from Alumni
Remember what it was like to be a student? There were so many conflicting priorities! We are asking our alumni to take a moment to help to brighten a UBCO student’s day by writing them a quick note of advice or encouragement on a postcard.
UBC Okanagan alumni share their stories and career wisdom through fifteen questions as we celebrate UBC Okanagan's 15th anniversary.
alumni UBC Okanagan
1138 Alumni Ave, ADM 103
Kelowna, BC V1V 1V7
Tel: (250) 807.9360